Authorized Pet Owner Name(s)
I have reviewed this Service Agreement in its entirety. The information provided by me is complete and accurate and I agree to all its terms and conditions as set out below.
- This service agreement will take effect upon signature by both Client and Pet Sitter and will remain in effect until terminated by either party as provided below in Item 9. Client may request additional service at any time during the term of this agreement, subject to Pet Sitter availability. All scheduled visits will be governed by all the terms of this agreement. We appreciate as much advance notice as possible, but will make every effort to accommodate all requests. In the event of early return home, Client must notify Pet Sitter promptly.
- FEE SCHEDULE: **Fees may be subject to annual increase or when deemed necessary.** 50% Deposit (Non-refundable) required at time of booking. Remaining payment due no later than 48 hours prior to commencement of service.
- Pet Sitter is authorized to perform care and services as outlined on this agreement. Both Pet Sitter and Client recognize that the welfare of the animal is the highest priority. If in Pet Sitter’s judgment additional services become necessary during the service period to properly care for the animal, Pet Sitter will first make reasonable attempts to contact Client. If Client cannot be contacted for whatever reason, Pet Sitter is authorized to undertake such additional steps as may in the reasonable judgment of the Pet Sitter be necessary or appropriate for the health and welfare of the animal, including but not limited to (a) additional visits by Pet Sitter to provide care for the animal; (b) consultation with Client’s Veterinarian listed above, or with an emergency veterinary care provider should Client’s Veterinarian be unavailable; (c) authorizing care and treatment as recommended by Client’s Veterinarian or an emergency veterinary care provider. (excluding euthanasia); and (d) such other steps as may in the reasonable judgment of Pet Sitter be necessary or appropriate for the health and welfare of the animal. Client agrees to be responsible for all fees and expenses incurred for care and treatment of the animal pursuant to this paragraph, and releases and holds Pet Sitter harmless from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment and expense. Client agrees to reimburse Pet Sitter/Company for any expense incurred, plus any additional fees for attending to animal’s needs or any expenses incurred for any other home/food/supplies needed.
- In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Pet Sitter is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for pet(s) and home. Pet Sitter/Company will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
- Pet Sitter agrees to provide the services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, CLIENT EXPRESSLY WAIVES AND RELINQUISHES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST PET SITTER/COMPANY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROVISION OF SERVICES HEREUNDER, EXCEPT THOSE ARISING FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF PET SITTER/COMPANY. SHOULD PET SITTER OR ANY AUTHORIZED PERSON ACCOMPANYING PET SITTER SUSTAIN ANY INJURY, DISEASE OR OTHER HARM IN THE COURSE OF PROVIDING SERVICES HEREUNDER, CLIENT WILL INDEMNIFY PET SITTER/COMPANY AND HOLD IT HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ALL LOSS, EXPENSE AND DAMAGE CAUSED THEREBY, EXCEPT THOSE ARISING FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF PET SITTER/COMPANY.
- If anyone else has access to your home while the pet-sitting job is being performed, we, the pet-sitting company, can assume no liability for any damages or losses to your home or pet. The utmost of care will be given in watching both your pet(s) and your home. However, due to the extreme unpredictability of animals, we cannot accept responsibility for any mishaps of an extraordinary or unusual nature (i.e., bitings, furniture damage, accidental death, etc.) or any complications in administering medications to the animal. Nor can we be liable for injury, disappearance, death or fines of pet(s) with access to the outdoors.
- In the event of personal emergency or illness of Pet Sitter, Client authorizes Pet Sitter to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth on this contract. In such case, Pet Sitter will remain fully responsible for the proper discharge of all services under this Agreement. Every attempt will be made to notify client regarding such situation.
- All pets are to be currently vaccinated with Veterinarian Records available to Pet Sitter at time of booking/consultation.
- Pet Sitter and Client each may terminate this agreement at any time by written notice to the other. Pet Sitter will be entitled to payment for all services rendered until notice of termination is received, and for any transition services reasonably required to provide for the health and welfare of Client’s pets. Pet Sitter will not terminate during a period of scheduled service unless Pet Sitter determines, in his/her sole discretion that a danger exists to the health or safety of Pet Sitter. If such concerns preclude Pet Sitter from providing further care of the pet, then Client authorizes pet to be placed in a kennel, with all charges therefrom to be charged to Client. Every attempt will be made to notify Client regarding such situation.
- Client acknowledges that by signing, he/she is providing written approval for the provision of services by Pet Sitter during any service period scheduled by Client and accepted by Pet Sitter. Upon such scheduling and acceptance, Pet Sitter/Company will be authorized to enter Client premises and perform services without additional signed contracts or written authorization.
- Pet Owners must have legal rights to place animals in the care of a pet sitter. The Pet sitter cannot service a home with “Visiting” pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service site without separate sets of agreement forms, accepted and signed by each rightful owner(s).
- Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, functioning, safe, clean equipment and supplies needed for the care of their pet(s), including but not limited to: Clean Litter Box(s), Litter bags, Disposable Gloves and Mask, Cat Litter, Scoop, All Pet Food and Treats, Cleaning Supplies including Vacuum, Broom/Dustpan, and Pet Medication, if approved to be administered. In the event that pet sitter must purchase supplies that have run out or are missing while you are away, receipt(s) and invoice with an $18.00 surcharge listed will be provided to pet owner and is due no later than 48 hours after service agreement has been completed by Pet Sitter. In the event it is necessary to initiate collection proceedings on the account, Client will also be responsible for all attorney’s fees and costs of collection.